Lain's Log

House!!!!!!!!

May 25/11.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you PVR'd the season finale of HOUSE on Monday night, (but haven't watched it yet), DON'T read this! SHUT MY BLOG ENTRY DOWN IMMEDIATELY! This second! I'm a DIEHARD House fanatic, - and the finale was - FUCKIN' FRIGGIN' FANTASTIC!

The episode, which appeared to be all about "the elephant in the room," was actually titled, "Moving On." (ironically, a big subject for me this past week).

Watched the show THREE times - (all in ONE night - without commercials), and can't catch my breath or recuperate! Oxygen! (CALL HOUSE!) Thought it was absolutely brilliant. (But come ONNNN - MEDIC!!)

House & the "Nanny-cam" elephant!

I wasn't expecting a script that somehow "spoke" so clearly to me. Obsessed with this trainwreck going completely overboard. The script somehow seemed to be channeling my brain! (What the???)

The episode is filled with deep emotion, anger, despair, severe intensity, chills and thrills - & I could feel ALL of it. Reality vs. "performance art", House's irrational, drug-addled, self-destructive nature hitting new heights, throwing himself right over the edge, upping the amp on Vicodin and on and on. (Even in his out-of-control state, House admits, "Maybe I AM trying to numb myself a little, - 'cause I'm trying to change!")

"We BOTH know we're no good for each other!"

Echoed back, House hears, "Next time, it'll be the morgue. You're miserable and you're angry and I want you to actually DEAL with that and not just try to medicate the issue away!"

Written by co-producers Kath Lingenfelter and Peter Blake, they elevated this already-beyond-amazing-show to a new art form! (now, we have to wait till FALL to find out what HAPPENS?!!?) Ai yi yi. - I can't TAKE it!

"I'm smouldering, so you'd better stay out of my way!"

Among the great scenes of dialogue during a wild exchange at lunch hour in the hospital cafeteria between House & Cuddy, - he tries to defend WHY he intentionally injured himself for her much-needed attention.

House proclaims, "I did it to get sympathy from you! I did it to piss you off. I did it because I'm not over you, - or I WAS over you and I was moving on. I did it because I want to know what it's like NOT to be in pain. I did it because I want to feel MORE pain. Whatever the reason, was a bad reason - and a BAD IDEA! - That's all that matters! - Good lunch."

(Always walk off leaving 'em laughing - and wanting more!)

"Got something BIG in store for you Cuddy!"

Greg kept talking about "the NEW House" - and how, "I'm making some changes." Really?

"I think I've lost it."

David Shore (exec producer), is our own Canadian writer, born in London, Ontario. According to him, (and to Lisa Edelstein, "Cuddy,"), she will NOT be returning to the show for the 8th season in the fall. NOOOOOO!



(Word has it, no one knew this until AFTER the final scene between "Huddy" had been taped). So, that last two minutes of maniacal, violent destruction is even MORE unsettling than the producers ever imagined it could have been.

David Shore talked to TVLine about the finale, including what House was thinking and feeling when he decided to turn his car around and drive right through Cuddy's home. Shore responded, "Anger, frustration, love, hatred,- all of those things. And a little burst of irrationality from the ultimate rationalist. Even in that moment, I don’t think he wanted to kill anybody. But who knows? Probably part of his mind did. It was a lashing out — a very extreme lashing out. I don’t think it was a murderous lashing out."


I can't stand the thought of going "House-free!" (well, I guess with DVDs and reruns, I don't HAVE to go House-free, - ever, - if I choose NOT to), - but what have the producers got in store for us in September?

House (Hugh Laurie) did something insane to Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) that caused her to seek a restraining order against her former boyfriend.

Entertainment Weekly asked David Shore, "Did you see the crash, that grand gesture, as closure for him or just a boiling over of emotion"?

He responded, "Both. Or probably so much more. I hate to tell audiences what to think of gestures. We write the gestures, and the gestures are motivated, but complicated. So I’m sure it’s all those things and more".

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home