Lain's Log

Hot town, summer in the city!

August 1/11.

Can't believe we're into August. What seems like "a minute ago", I was diagnosed with breast cancer....(well, OK, actually, back on March 9th). Suddenly, flash forward almost five months. What a wild, breathless & bumpy ride. In every conceivable way!

(Sure wish Bette Davis had WARNED me, and my family), "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night"! LOL. (er, few months??)

All About Eve. (1950). Man, she was ultra-hot. What a performance.
Of course, my lifelong, all-time idol, Marilyn Monroe, made a HUGE impact in that film too!

Anne Baxter, Bette Davis, Marilyn, George Sanders. All About Eve, 1950.

Years later, Bette Davis also coined the phrase, "Old age is not for sissies." You said it Sweetheart! My Mum quoted this line all the time and I've learned, it's damn true. But I am going to fight going into senior citizen mode forever! Think I wrote about this before, but, worth repeating. My husband, Sam, once asked me when I will stop dyeing my hair blonde and using makeup! Didn't quite catch that. I just looked at him, and said, "WHAT the HELL"??

"Are you freaking KIDDING me? SERIOUSLY?? - NEVER! Not till I'm absolutely forced. I was born to be blonde! - and born with eyeliner to boot"!

This whole cancer/losing Mum/selling the house/hidey hole experience, reminds me of my soap days! Covering the soaps? What was it like Lain?? Lemme tell ya. A blast. NEVER had a bad soap interview. Daytime drama stars are the coolest. (Rock stars? Different story).


- "Like sands through the hour glass. So are the days of our lives." (Yep, know the feeling Macdonald Carey)!! - And just THINKING of DOOL, brings back outrageous memories of Marlena-is-the-devil! (maybe my FAVOURITE storyline to cover!! - I mean, Marlena, the-devil-made-me-do-it, Stefano, John Black, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Beyond fantastic!!)

Sweet, prim & proper Doc Marlena levitates!

"Doc" loses control!! LOOK OUT!!

Tried to continue "normal life" today, (since no radiation treatments were scheduled). Decided I hated almost EVERYTHING in my closet. Time to purge.

With all the work at MUM'S place, NO time to take care of my OWN stuff. Today was the day!! Nothing fits anymore. It's all too big and bulky. I want tight, hot & taut. - Oh no....Cue The Wizard of Oz...."What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got"? Yep, I already know. (and YOU should TOO, if you've read this blog!) - COURAGE!! (I'll NEED it on Tuesday. All this radiating, I'm starting to burn baby burn!)

("Ain't it the truth??")

So. Back to reality. (if you can CALL it that!!)


- Packed up BAGS of old clothing to be delivered to Value Village. Really hope someone ELSE can get use out of these items, which I loved for years. I am moving on!

To quote Kramer, (again...) - Take it Cosmo!



And, one more thing. My daughter Kate, posted this vid on FB. She & Max were walking along our street today with Kate's boyfriend, Damian, when they came across this tiny tricycle. Hilarity ensued when 6-foot-tall Max, attempted to ride the thing.



So, that's it from Monday Central! Tuesday? Back to radiation!
#15 ahead! Fingers crossed, no major side effects. No more burning.

Cheers everybody!, - and have a GREAT week!! xxoo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home