Lain's Log

The Nylons!

May 7/11

Very happy that I was able to get my act together enough to go to Hugh's Room and see The Nylons last night! Guess my stolen philosophy (from Billy Crystal's "Fernando," - that "It is better to LOOK good than to FEEL good dahling!" worked! (My Mum always used to LOVE that line and repeated it often in regards to herself. No matter HOW sick she was feeling, she ALWAYS wanted to LOOK good!! Love you Mum, and miss you so).

I told you that my friend, Franc, offered to CARRY me into the show, if I couldn't do it alone. Well, I actually got all four Nylons themselves to carry me in!! Hee hee. My stunningly talented brother-in-law, Garth Mosbaugh, is next to me in the black t-shirt, Claude Morrison is on the far left, Tyrone Gabriel (second from left) and Gavin Hope is grabbing my gam! What a riot! Thanks to all four of them for the FANTASTIC show. Everyone should see them in concert. They're SOOOOO good!

Nylons lift Lain!


Here's a look at our full table of 12. We were very close to the stage, so had a great view! Will introduce you to the gang. My husband, Sam (at the head of the table), me to the right, our daughter, Kate, son, Max (in black cap), his girlfriend, Robyn, our dear friends - Franc Mosbaugh and his sister, Mary Spence-Thomas, Nancy (Garth's significant other), Robert Jessop, (Franc's significant other), Carrie's boyfriend - Paul Nodwell, my sister, Carrie with her arm around her son, Lee Mosbaugh.

Full group shot


This incredible group is clear proof that, no matter WHAT the circumstances, ex-husbands, ex-wives, ex-anything, can still remain the DEAREST of friends. I can't even put into words how much I care for the people at this table. They have all made my life so much better.

Here's a shot of my amazing baseball star nephew, Lee, with his Dad,
Garth Mosbaugh and the other Nylons. He has seen them perform MANY times and LOVES their music.

Nylons and Lee


My great, unbelievable, wonderful, good-hearted, optimistic, fabulous husband Sam who got me to the show.

Lain and Sam


Here is my beautiful, talented daughter, Kate, who had her first "legal" drink at Hugh's Room (Bailey's on ice). She turned 19 on April 23rd. (I had a martini with two olives - shaken, not stirred) - Cheers!

Kate and Lain


Upon arrival at Hugh's Room, I asked my daughter to take my picture as I was SO excited to see the sign announcing The Nylons and knowing I was about to watch an amazing performance and spend a great evening with family and friends.

Lain and Nylons sign


Tomorrow is Mother's Day. First one without my Mum. Several others at our table also lost their Mums in the past year. We did this special event in honour of our Mum (well, ALL of our Mums!), and it was a freakin' blast. Thanks for everything Mum. We could feel your presence in the room. And thank you Carrie, for taking care of all the arrangements to make it happen!!

And to The Nylons - you ROCKED the house!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 3:49 p.m. , Anonymous Franc Mosbaugh said...

Thank you for a fantastic evening! Plenty of laughter, music, family and lotsa love in the room. Lainey you looked amazing and both you and Carrie were radiant.

Great pics and I love your writing. Glad you're doing more of it these days.

 
At May 7, 2011 at 4:09 p.m. , Anonymous Elaine Loring said...

Thanks Franc!

As I told Mary in an email a litte earlier today, I've been more than inspired to write by the other incredible writers in the family (including you) I have a lot to live up to. (and a lot to live FOR!) Great night!
Thanks for the compliments - and for helping me to "instigate" the idea for The Nylons pic!
Love,
Lainey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home