Lain's Log

New year!

September 28/11.

Heading out for Rosh Hashanah dinner at my parents-in-laws' condo. Always a fun family time with lots of great food!


We're bringing purple flowers to match their new purple furniture! (not the flowers on the table - I'm KEEPING those!) Plus plenty of pop. - As I said yesterday, not much of a contribution, but it's all we were asked to bring! Everything else was already taken care of!

Of COURSE, made a stop to see Kevio first, to drop off you-know-what, and have a little visit, before heading to the festivities. Tomorrow, Kevan is going for more x-rays and after that, he'll soon find out when he can start thinking about beginning some physio and concentrate on being able to walk again! I'm rooting for you Kev!

OK, off to the in-laws condo now!

Time for the annual new years feast!
My bro-in-law, Neil in front. At the other table, way in back is my sister-in-law, Carolyn, then my son, Max and daughter, Kate.
Hallah & honey on the table - for a sweet year. (sure could use one!!)

My nephew, Sean Michaels, a talented writer, who just had an article published in Rolling Stone!

Here's a link to Sean's music blog, Said the Gramophone!


My husband, Sam (who prefers to remain off camera), was shooting some video of his Mum, (Jean Bornstein), talking about her New Year thoughts. That's my Dad-in-law, Ben Bornstein at the table.

My brother-in-law, Neil, has the honour of cutting the hallah!

Several members of the family just returned from a trip to Iceland, so we heard some amazing travel tales over dinner.

For the record, the meal included gefilte fish with horseradish, soup with noodles and kreplach, baked root vegetables, roast chicken and roast beef! And for dessert, fresh fruit, honey cake and banana/chocolate chip loaf! Haven't had this much food in a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng time! The weight is going up tomorrow!!

Delicious dinner Mum! Thanks for all you do for the family. And happy new year everyone!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home