Lain's Log

FINALLY!

May 13/11

Bring it ON McCready!!


This DARN blog site (blogger.com) has been out of service for 24 hours! Wouldn't you KNOW, it HAD to happen on the ONE day I had the BIGGEST news! Anyone following this must have been wondering what the HECK was going on and why I hadn't posted the latest!

So - here it is. (drum roll please).

After seeing "the Man," Dr. David McCready at Princess Margaret Hospital this morning, the word on the pathology results is:

NO spread to the lymph nodes!
They GOT clean margins!
NO further surgery!

There's a good chance I won't need chemo (which would be my dream).
WILL need radiation (which I already knew).

Will soon have meetings with a medical oncologist and a radiation oncologist to work out schedules for future radiation procedures.

The docs told Sam and me it was the BEST NEWS they could possibly have to give! I could barely breathe (in between tears).

Just after getting the good news - Relief!


TOLD you Friday the 13th has always been lucky for me!

Called Carrie right away! (she was so happy she cried. Are you surprised?) Sam texted the kids. Called my Dad, my parents-in-law, Auntie Ray, my cousins, Kevan and Marilyn, sister-in-law Carolyn and some friends and emailed my two other sisters-in-law, Jan and Debbie. They were ALL jumping for joy.

My best friends, Franelle and Joanne (and Joanne's husband Bruce), are so happy for me and sent these messages).

Friday the 13th is still our lucky day!!!!!!!
Love, Franelle
---------------------------------------------

Yaaaayyy!

We couldn't be more excited! See? The good news is they had caught it so early. There was something positive about this. Couldn't be happier if it was our own armpits and lymph nodes and, well, whatever. Thank God and as thrilled as could be. Don't worry about the blog, celebrate your health. Happy news. Happy day. We're tickled, (as long as we're talking about armpits). Great going.
Love and enjoy the big news. Always in our thoughts,

Bruce and Joanne
------------------------------------------------------------

Received MANY more wonderful responses and kind messages on Facebook and want to thank EVERYONE who was pulling for me. The fight's not over yet, but I'm just SO happy to finally KNOW what I'm dealing with and it's all good!

My long battle with courage, led me to look up that word and this is some of what I found.

“Courage is something you just can’t be afraid to have!”
- Frank Burns – M*A*S*H*

“Courage is admitting that you’re afraid and facing that fear directly. Courage is thinking big, aiming high and shooting far. It’s taking a dream and doing anything, risking everything, and stopping at nothing to make it a reality”.
- Caroline Kent

“There comes a time for courage.”
-Jill Loring - (thanks Mum)



Cowardly Lion:
“What makes a king out of a slave?
What makes the flag on the mast to wave?
What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist
or the dusky dusk?
What makes the muskrat guard his musk?
What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder?
What makes the dawn come up like thunder?
What makes the Hottentot so hot?
What puts the ape in apricot?
Whatta they got that I ain’t got”?

Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman: “Courage”!

Lion: “You can say that again! Huh?”


Now, go on! Get outta here Cowardly Lion! - Right out the window!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 12:29 a.m. , Blogger Bruce said...

Loved it

 
At May 16, 2011 at 4:20 a.m. , Anonymous Elaine said...

Thanks Joanne!
And thanks to you and Bruce for the email, which, as you saw, is on this entry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home