Lain's Log

BIG news!!!!!!!!!

June 8/11

Just got the GREATEST news gang!
"The Nutty Professor" (my nickname for the medical oncologist at
Princess Margaret), called me this afternoon. The results of my $5,000 Oncotype DX diagnostic test came in early from California! Now I don't have to wait until next Tuesday, and the word is - FANTASTIC!

SO happy I'm jumping for joy!!

My recurrence score (R.S.) number means I'm LOW risk, so NOOOOOO CHEMO!!!!!!

The Doc says my R.S. number is 19 and that he would never recommend chemo for anyone under a number of 22! - So - no nausea, no feeling horrible for days on end, no hair loss - no chemo! Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay! Thought my heart was going to explode after I hung up the phone. Things are looking up! Don't even know who to thank!


Called Sam, Carrie and my parents-in-law right away to give them the good news. They're all SO happy and relieved. (no one moreso than me!)

So, I'm keeping my appointment with the Doc on Tuesday, to get further details and find out more about my treatment (radiation plus Tamoxifen).

Once again, - to everyone who's been sending me good vibes, positive thoughts and everything else - you did it for me!

Now I really want to go out and do something exciting!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 10:38 a.m. , Blogger CDC said...

Wow, this post brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful! Chemo would've been a terrible route for sure... Congrats and soak in the joy!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 11:57 a.m. , Blogger Keithera said...

Elaine -
That is excellent news! So happy for you and your family!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 9:09 p.m. , Anonymous Elaine Loring said...

Thanks for reading ladies! - AND for writing. Yes, I am VERRRRY happy! Still need 16 rounds of radiation, starting soon, but chemo would have been the worst. I am very lucky!
All the best!
Elaine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home