Lain's Log

Rejuvenized!

May 14/11

No messin’ around, the last 24 hours have miraculously energized me beyond measure, making me feel like a teenager again! (Funny how getting a new lease on life can do that for you).

Lots of good news plus plenty of stunningly heartfelt messages from friends and family can jumpstart your whole attitude and serve as a huge pick-me-up. Like Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady, “I Could Have Danced All Night!” (In fact, I’m still up as of 3:30 a.m., following 21 hours of non-stop action and excitement).

As Eliza sings, - "Bed! Bed! I couldn’t go to bed, my head’s too light to try to set it down. Sleep, sleep, I couldn’t sleep tonight. Not for all the jewels in the crown!” (Know the feeling Eliza!)



After being told by my brilliant surgeon, Dr. David McCready of Princess Margaret Hospital that the surgery on April 27th got the clean margins they were after and the nodes were all clear, I put the news out by phone, on Facebook and my blog, and in return, received some rather phenomenal emails, phone calls, answering machine messages, a bottle of wine with a beautiful card, (delivered by our lovely neighbour, Rita), Facebook cheers and “pokes”, (hee hee), hugs from my husband and kids, and my heart has been racing ever since!

My old high school friend, Jeffrey, (great writer, illustrator and photographer) made me laugh by suddenly returning an old photo of me, "digitally restored and colour corrected," (which at this point in my life, I could really use!) We attended a Northern Secondary School reunion many years ago (when this shot was taken). After hearing my good health news, he forwarded this new version of the old pic to me, just for fun. That's the kind of friend I love.

I was so young here!


(I'll admit, when I saw it, my first thought was, "Now I know why I was worried about breast cancer surgery"! (Let's just say, I weighed a little more back then!) - But thank you very much Jeffrey! Appreciate your efforts to shake this pic into the 21st century! (Only wish the jeans were as blue as they appear in this shot!) Actually, just kidding. I don't have them anymore! Long gone!

If you give me your permission, Jeffrey, I'll use your full name and reveal the shot of YOU at this reunion (which is a doozie!)

At any rate, guess I'd better get some rest now. It's been a long (and incredibly wonderful) day! Thanks everyone for getting me here and for making me feel so good!
Take it James Brown!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home