Lain's Log

Keep on truckin'!

June 15/11

As Mum always used to say, "Everything happens at once!" One minute, nothing, the next, all hell breaks loose. (Appropriate that most of the action is centered on her house). Prior offers we encountered suggested closing dates of late August or early September. The latest one requires a closing in the first week of July!

My "real estate look!"

So, if things go as planned, we've gotta work fast & furious to finish clearing the house and hold an estate sale. The first part of the day was spent organizing to try and make this happen! (all Carrie and I need to do is "shoehorn it in" between her many jobs, rehearsals, exams and culminating projects at school, my medical appointments and upcoming radiation treatments (no dates yet, but soon), and whatever else gets tossed our way between now and then.

Hard to believe this all-important house may soon become only a memory.

Some of the afternoon was spent picking up a drumset from Max's school, schlepping it into the car and driving it to Emmett's house. (Emmett loaned the drums to the school for a performance).

Max with his friend/bandmate & leader singer of Basement Scene, Emmett Webb. (I told Emmett his latest haircut reminds me of Justin Bieber's newest style. Max said, "That's an insult!" - Sorry about that!)

"Roadie Mum" at your service! - (have "Tom" will travel!)

Enough action for the moment. Wonder what's on the agenda tonight?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 9:25 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the most recent entries I think adding "Positive" to "Intensity Entity" would be more accurate. (It would make a nice acronym: "PIE". Your ability to bounce through the most trying times is inspirational.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 10:11 p.m. , Anonymous Elaine Loring said...

Thank you, whoever you are, anonymous! Ya! PIE! I could do with a piece of raspberry pie with icecream right now. (my late Grampa's fave, and mine too!) I DO try to "bounce through". Not always easy, but with the support I have, from family, friends, blog readers and positive vibes being beamed my way, I'm getting thru, a day at a time! Appreciate your message!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home