Lain's Log

Sad goodbye to Robin Williams

August 14/14.

Can't stop thinking about Robin, and the chances I had to meet and talk with him in person. There was NOBODY better to talk to. Ask ANY interviewer. Ask ANY talk show host. He was simply THE BEST.
SO wish I could speak to him again, but somehow knew, (after my chat with him about Patch Adams), - it would never happen again for me. Getting the news of his death was like being slammed by a sledgehammer.

I was happy to have the opportunity to speak with my old CFTR radio pal, Arlene Bynon on her SIRIUS FM show about Memories of Robin. Thank you to producer Chris Baedorf and to Arlene for allowing me to use this MP3 sound file. Losing Robin leaves the world with so much less colour. I remember wearing this stupid bright jacket because it reminded me of his clothing and performance in Popeye, bringing the famous animated character to life on screen. Will miss Robin always.






Here is the link to my interview with Arlene.


 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2014 at 1:10 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your memories with us Elaine. I actually remember one of your interviews with Robin from all those years ago.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home