Lain's Log

I'm home!

April 27/11

My sister Carrie wheeling me out the door to freedom!


After 12 hours, I'm back home. The surgery is over and apparently went very well. I now have to wait two weeks before the pathology report comes in and shows if they "got it all." I'm hoping for the best!

Sam and my sister Carrie were there for me all the way. I will write more about the experience, but for now, here are some photos from different stages of the day.

Waiting to get my IV


They gave me a snazzy hotel-style robe and flimsy green slippers!


Immediately following surgery - MAKEUP PLEASE! !


I'm on a morphine drip, but the makeup is done!


The pain that I'm feeling is pretty much every bit as bad as I anticipated. It's excruciating at the moment; however, I have Percocet and a few other drugs to help me heal quickly. I want to thank Dr. David McCready and all the Princess Margaret team members who have made me well again.

Thank you to everyone who has written, called, e-mailed, commented, and just been there for me when I needed them. I have many incredibly wonderful family members and friends. More later.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2011 at 12:41 a.m. , Anonymous sean said...

love, love, love to you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home