Lain's Log

Can't wait any longer

February  15/11

Eleven days since "the discovery" and the pain is still very much there. I've often heard that breast cancer lumps don't usually involve pain, so I'm hoping for the best. But why is this pain going on so long? I called my GP and asked if I could get in right away to see her. Got an afternoon appointment and told the Doc about the pain and the lump. She checked and could definitely feel it. She gave me a requisition for a mammogram AND an ultrasound. I told her I already have an appointment for a mammogram for March 4th, but I would try to find someplace to do both tests together, and hopefully sooner. I was frightened when I read my doctor's notation on the requisition which stated, "Nodularity in right breast." Didn't sound good. Then, my brain went into comic mode. My son loves old reruns of M*A*S*H, and I suddenly thought of Father Mulcahy saying his famous word, "Jocularity! Jocularity!", and imagined him wandering through the 4077 proclaiming, "Nodularity! Nodularity!" (I know, I'm weird).

Called the Medvue Medical Imaging Yonge/Davisville lab, (where the mammogram was booked). Was told they have two other locations and I could try calling the other labs to ask if there was anything sooner.
Called the second one (Edward Street location), but nothing until much later in March. Finally, called the College/Spadina Medvue lab and got the nicest woman on the phone. Told her my problem. She suggested it would be best if these two tests could be done together. I said that's what I want, but so far, no luck. She put me on hold for a minute, then came back on the line to tell me she had an appointment for me for BOTH tests, one after the other, on February 17th - just two days away! WINNING!! Booked them and then called the Davisville lab back to cancel the original mammogram.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home